black monitor squigly lines on boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plwc

My computer is now 14 months old, the problem that i have is when boot completes the top half of the monitor is black, as warm up takes place the black starts to become squiglly lines then it clears up, throughout the day as I go to different pages on the web the sqiuglly lines appear on the top portion of the monitor sometimes its ok, but its starting to get worse, Some say its the monitor, I don't think its the monitor, since I can turn a page and have a clear clean screen ,also when i enter a site the lines will be present as soon as i open another page lines go away, is this the sing of a bad graphics or video card? any ideas would be appreciated thanks Don :confused: :confused: :confused:

I would personally do a scan disk and a virus check....although there are many here with more experience then I, I would guess it's your video card....make sure it is firmly seated in it's slot...if this doesn't correct the situation, you probably have a bad video card

plwc

Hey Rocky1 thanks, I'm thinking about getting an allinwonder with cable tuner and Tv out but the price was pretty outta sight last time I checked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online