1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black or white iPod?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dell_dude, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dell_dude

dell_dude Thread Starter

hey i want an iPod video for my b-day. I can't decide between white, black, or U2 iPod. Please help...

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Here is an "engineering" answer. If you will be using the iPod outdoors where it is exposed to direct sunlight, white reflects a lot of the sun's energy while black absorbs more of it. My guess is that white iPods will live longer than black iPods in this scenario.

3. replay

replay

Here is an "non engineering" answer..... black is way cooler

4. coolboy0286

coolboy0286

If you get a ipod case thing, it really doesn't matter......

5. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

here is a practical answer. It will spend most of its time in your pocket so does it matter? You say yes then look at it like this, the iPod has a clearcoat on it to protect its finish, scratches in it will look white and hazy so unless you have it in a case (which again raises the point of no one will see it so why does it matter) the white will look better down the road long after the black one is a hazy scratched up mess which looks decidedly uncool

6. batharoy

batharoy

Totally a user preference question, but if your into U2 then there's no question at all.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice