Black or white iPod?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dell_dude

hey i want an iPod video for my b-day. I can't decide between white, black, or U2 iPod. Please help...

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Here is an "engineering" answer. If you will be using the iPod outdoors where it is exposed to direct sunlight, white reflects a lot of the sun's energy while black absorbs more of it. My guess is that white iPods will live longer than black iPods in this scenario.

here is a practical answer. It will spend most of its time in your pocket so does it matter? You say yes then look at it like this, the iPod has a clearcoat on it to protect its finish, scratches in it will look white and hazy so unless you have it in a case (which again raises the point of no one will see it so why does it matter) the white will look better down the road long after the black one is a hazy scratched up mess which looks decidedly uncool

dell_dude said:
hey i want an iPod video for my b-day. I can't decide between white, black, or U2 iPod. Please help...
Totally a user preference question, but if your into U2 then there's no question at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online