1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen after booting up both my laptop and desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Witchdoctor27, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witchdoctor27

Witchdoctor27 Thread Starter

For the past few weeks I have noticed my laptop becoming slower and slower. As of a few days ago it has been ridiculously slow and is sometimes unresponsive to commands or keyboard. It used to go straight to a black screen with only the cursor after start up but now sometimes starts up, although very slow. Now my desktop started doing it too. I don't know what's going on with them. I had not had any virus protection for a while and recently installed webroot complete 2012 on both of them and scanned, finding nothing. My desktop sometimes loads into safe mode when I tell it to, however it still is extremely slow, SAme with he laptop. And if I try to start up the desktop on normal is stays on black screen. I have noticed that sometimes I will get the "Microsoft windows isn't responding" pop up. My control alt delete doesn't work on either of them either, it pos up suing something like " the control alt delete function could not be started blah blah blah". I have to get on this forum via my iPad which thankfully still works fine. I'm not very computer savvy when it comes to the whole bios stuff nor some other stuff. But I know the basics pretty well. Help please! Lol I'm trying to install system suite from avantquest onto each of the. Via safe mode when it will work but my laptop is giving. R troubles and currently is on normal and is slow to open the program.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

check devices hdd for space available left on drive.
    check memory usage and what is available to run the systems.Also cpu usage percentage.
    when you can access task manager . check hdd capacity in "my computer"

3. GregDavis

GregDavis

Hi Witchdoctor,

This is Greg from the Webroot Support Team.

Did you by chance have an older Webroot product installed, such as Webroot Internet Security Complete, prior to upgrading to Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete? The reason I ask this question is that there is the possibility that when you installed SecureAnywhere the older product may not have been fully removed and that can cause a slowdown. Please let me know if this is the case or if you just installed Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete cleanly.

The other step you should take is to boot into Windows "Safe Mode with Networking," launch SecureAnywhere and then scan your computer again.

Please keep me updated and I will make sure that if I cannot help you resolve the issue here on Tech Support Guy, I will get you in touch with our Technical Support Team who can assist further.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Davis
    Webroot Support Team

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1041041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice