1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen after first Install Reboot! HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by VerbalTachi, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VerbalTachi

VerbalTachi Thread Starter

I ran the 32bit Vista RC1 DVD on boot and followed the on screen install setup. Formatted my 74GB Sata hard drive and I started installation. I got to the "Completing Installation" part and asked to restart, did that, loading windows screen booted up but after that my screen just goes black (monitor turned off) but I can still hear my hard drive working. I left it thinking that maybe it's still loading or installing for about 30 minutes and still nothing. So I turned it off and restarted and took me to the safe mode options.

I tried reinstalling again, maybe a bad first install but I still got the same result after. Anyone having or had the same problem before? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

~Jay

System:
    Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard.
    AMD Athlon 64 55-FX
    x2 GeForce 6800GT in SLI mode.
    Audigy 2 Gamer Edition.
    2gig DDR2.
    74GB SATA HD.

2. Will_5600

Will_5600

just format ur hard drive and install xp back onto it check to see if ur moniter cords are pluged in correctly or u can try formatting again and installing vista rc1 but i say put xp back on and wait untill service pack 1 and then buy it from the shop befor installing vista again

3. VerbalTachi

VerbalTachi Thread Starter

Ok I finally got it fixed, the cause of the black screen is the Nvidia drivers that Vista installs. I have SLI setup and the drivers that installs does not support it. So I just removed the 2nd card and viola! it booted up, dled the new drivers from nvidia website and installed my 2nd card and everything is fine. If anyone else is getting the black screen and does not have an SLI setup, you might want to re-install Vista and install updated video drivers before installing the OS.

4. CIAgent

CIAgent

Hey guys. I had the same problem as most of you did with getting the black screen after trying to install Vista. I WAS running the Nvidia GeForce 7800 GC OC(AGP). Which i had upgraded from NVidia Geforce 5200 earlier this year. All I did to resolve the black screen problem was switch back to my 5200. install the 7800 drivers, and switched the cards back out. Hope this helps...

5. Gnom3ish

Gnom3ish

--- deleted ---

Mod Edit: I deleted your thread hijack, you already have a thread on this running. Continue in that thread.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/503348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice