1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen After Loading Bars

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rooney222, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooney222

rooney222 Thread Starter

Hi there, i have got a dell 630m laptop but when i switch it on, it shows the windows vista green bars moving then it changes to a black screen. After that i can't do nothing, waiting 1 hour but still stays on black screen. Also i think my hard drive is gone so i wont be able to reinstall or install a new operating system. Please correct me if im wrong. Please help. Thanks

2. RSM123

RSM123

rooney222

Hi,

Not sure if it is applicable in your case but I had the exact same problem last week on a Dell XPS Lappy.

Vista loading progress bar ... then nothing.

I was able to start in safe mode with networking, and surf - but never got the desktop to boot in normal mode.

If you wish then check back through all my posts by clicking this link, to take you to the thread I started on 20 Oct.

http://forums.techguy.org/search.php?do=finduser&u=41448

I thought it was a hardware fault, I was given guidance on things to try - but the only thing that got me up and running was a factory restore.

3. rooney222

rooney222 Thread Starter

i tried pressing ctrl f11 but it just keeps making noise and nothing happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!