1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen after loading

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by preme, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. preme

preme Thread Starter

Hi

I have to Vista laptops I'm trying to fix but am a bit stuck. The problem is no matter how I load them (safe mode, normal etc) I get the windows loading bar, or save mode loads the drivers but then it just sits there with a block screen! The mouse courser is shown and can be moved.

They have no disks for these either and no recovery partitions. The first one I am looking at is an Asus AW-785 /AR5B95

Anyone have any helpful advice on this please?

2. lbear

lbear

I have a Dell Inspiron desktop and I am experiencing the same issue. I just posted a thread before I saw your post. Have you gotten any help yet and if so, could you help me? Thank you.:)

3. kenny111111

kenny111111

see if pressing ctrl+alt+del brings up a screen where you can choose task manager...if so click on file>new task(run) type explorer.exe, should get you to your desktop....create a new user account (admin) and see if it works correctly , if so save your data from other account, then delete it....

good luck

4. lbear

lbear

Thanks for the info, but when do I use control alt delete? Thanks again. So far nothing is working. I pray this does.

5. lbear

lbear

I have the Windows Vista CD. I put that in and tried the system repair and nothing. I then tried the system restore and it said it was restored successfully and restarted. But I still have the same issue. So that didn't work either. What do I do? PLEASE HELP!!!!

6. kenny111111

kenny111111

did you try ctrl,alt del, after its done booting and you can see the cursor?

7. lbear

lbear

Here's what I do. I turn on the puter, I hear the beep, I get the Dell logo screen like I usually do when I turn it on and then I the windows recovery screen comes up and tells me that windows was not shut down properly.....options to safe mode, start windows normally.....I tried starting it all those different ways and get the black screen.

No matter which option I select I get the scrolly thingee w/'microsoft corporation' logo undeneath it; that scrolls like vista is going to come up and then nothing. I get the cursor and the black screen. I just tried the control alt delete that you suggested and now my mouse doesn't even work. The cursor won['t move.

My husband noticed last night when I tried to turn it on again and such the puter said 'entering powersave'. It's never said that before that I can recall when I power it up; only when I turn it off. The monitor button does not change color when this happens either. It's blue like it should be.

I am so stinkin frustrated by this. It's got to be a simple fix but I just can't figure it out.

I hope explaining it this way helps you better to understand what is happening. I know in the virtual world it's tough.

I do appreciate all you are doing to try to help. Thank you so much.

8. kenny111111

kenny111111

do you have a vista disk? or a recovery disk? if yes put one in the tray and see if you can get a startup repair option..

9. lbear

lbear

Yes I have the Vista disc and I have tried start up repair and system restore but nothing. When I try the system restore I go back to a date before any windows updates and still nothing. I am so upset by this. I think I am hurting my puter more now. Can I load the Windows Vista drivers again?? Not sure what to do. At this point, will I even be able to put this disc in and reinstall Vista? I really hate to do that because I have alot of important documents, etc. on it.

10. kenny111111

kenny111111

11. lbear

lbear

Ok, so I get this hard disc drive thingee/is it like a flash drive? So say I purchase this and it won't work or it does work. What to do if it doesn't work/don't know how to use it to get my stuff off my desktop AND what to do next AFTER if I can get stuff off my desktop. Do I just use the Windows Vista disc and reinstall vista?

Another question: My husband has a ten inch dell notebook. Can my hdd thingee work w/his notebook? I don'[t need to fry his puter too. LOL

So sorry I'm so puter illiterate but I am. Did I mention how much I appreciate your help.:)

I'll let you know when I get this thing; but won't even bother until I hear back from you about whether it will work w/my hubby's netbook okay?

Thanks again.

12. kenny111111

kenny111111

it will work on hubby's puter, it basically makes your hard drive a large flash drive, you will need to store your data on his puter or burn them to a dvd/cd, plug your hdd into the adapter, then plug the usb end into the laptop, go to start>puter>your hdd,transfer files, then reinstall vista!

it's all very easy...

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice