Black screen after overclocking RAM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

It77gg

I have problem, I overclocked ram and after a few hours iz shows black screen. I tried remove and put back that little battery to reset bios but it did not help. I do not know if I am supposed to turn pc without that battery or not. It is not something else, I know it is BIOS, what I am supposed to do?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello It77gg, and welcome to TSG.

Some motherboards may require more than removing the CMOS memory battery to reset any overclocking settings or you may not have removed the battery long enough. You will need to check the documentation for your specific brand and model number of motherboard to see what options you have to remove any overclocking settings.

crjdriver

I moved this thread to the hardware forum. The forum in which you posted has nothing to do with your problem.
Next post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact ram, exact motherboard, etc.

How to properly clear cmos;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Open the side cover and clear cmos with the clear pins or jumper NOT by pulling the battery. Do this for a minimum of 10 seconds
3 If your board uses a jumper, replace the jumper to the normal position. Most [if not all] modern motherboards do not use a jumper; they use two pins you short with any metallic object ie small screwdriver, etc
4 Replace the pw cord and pw ON. Enter the bios and make any custom settings you need ie boot order, ram speed, sata mode, whatever. Save settings and restart
Done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online