Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Screen after playing 5-10 mins of Steam Games

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  schang626 
#1 ·
Ok heres the deal,

Last weekend, I joyfully bought my 1st ever 2 STEAM games. God I hate this thing. Now after installing both Aliens vs Predator and Empire Total War. Now not only am I pissed but I can't wait to give them hell after my online account is verified so I can post in the forums but meanwhile maybe you guys can help me.

Ok this is the problem I have faced ONLY with steam games. All my other games including Batman Arkham Asylum/Pro Evolution Soccer 2009/IL2 1946/Neverwinter Nights/Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion/GTR2/ They all work fine no glitches at all. I am a Intermediate PC Tech myself so I tried looking for similar issues with people and I downgraded and upgraded my drivers for my video card but still the same issue:

I play for about 5-10 mins of either my 2 new games Empire and AvP, then bingo my monitor cuts out and I am reduced to a black screen and I can hear the game music and its obviously working.

What I have tried:

1. Tried setting audio performance level to Basic. This was suggested in a similar thread to my problem. I went to Control Panel > Sound Audio -> Volume Tab -> Advanced -> Let first bar to one from the far left

2. Went into steam and tried to right click on games --> Properties -> Local FIles Tab -->Verify game cache. Again some guy said this worked for him. Hs not for me.

3. I have ati Radeon X1900XTX 512mb Vid card. I tried to update drivers to 10.2. Then heard there was problems with it. Downgraded to 9.12. That didn't work. Then I heard 10.3 was better for STEAM games and this issue so today I have tried 10.3. I will post after this as I did it just before so I will know if it works or not.

My specs are : AMD 4400+ Dual Core, Gigabyte KA-8N SLI Mobo, Ati RAdeon X1900XTX, Monitor is old 21' CRT DELL D1626HT driver version 5.1.2001.0 Driver date: 6/6/2001, 3 Gig DDR 400 PC 3200 RAM

Someone please help me as this is driving me crazy!!

Cheers
Crix

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.