Black screen after reinstalling nForce drivers!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daveywaveywoowoo

Hey guys, I hope you can help me.

I just ran the latest update nForce drivers for my Motherboard and it prompted me to reboot my computer first as it needed to uninstall a component before it could reinstallit. Unfortunately :)(,) once rebooted and after the windows xp load screen, the screen remained black. (A strange quirk to this is that; if left for a while, it starts the default windows xp screensaver.)

I thought this was a driver issue and that loading up into Safe Mode, uninstalling the motherboard drivers and reinstalling them would fix it. However when booting into safe mode, my mouse and keyboard are both unresponsive on the windows sign in page. I have tried both USB, PS2 and Serial mice/keyboard combinations.

I tried to use the recovery console off the windows xp CD, but after attempting to boot from it, the computer hangs on 'Setup is Starting Window.' (This maybe an unrelated problem as I have had this before.) This means that I can't run System Restore or reformat the C: partition!

It would appear the motherboard drivers installation has screwed something pretty important.

Specs:
Windows XP SP3 (fully updated)
Intel E6600
4GB Corsair (2x2gb)
ASUS P5N-D

I hope you guys can help me get back into Windows!

Many thanks in advance

David

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online