black screen after "starting Windows" installing windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nykhi122

hi I recently tried installing Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit from a usb. after it boots up and loads the files it switches to the Windows flag logo and says "starting Windows" for a bit then goes to a black screen. nothing else happens. if anyone knows anything about it let me know please

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
What's the specs of the computer?

Or make and model number?

Where did you get the USB installer?

nykhi122

What's the specs of the computer?

Or make and model number?

Where did you get the USB installer?
cpu: amd athlon II x4
ram : 6gb
hdd: 1tb
gpu: r9 200 series
is all I can remember off top the pc was a gift and the usb I got from a friend he said to boot it from the usb to install

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Do you know where this "friend" got the windows for the USB drive?

What was the 25 character COA on that he gave you? Was it on a file on the thumb drive?

On a label on the physical drive itself?

nykhi122

it's a regular sandisk flash drive im guessing he just got an Iso of Windows 7 and made a bootable drive with it

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
What was the 25 character COA on that he gave you? Was it on a file on the thumb drive?

On a label on the physical drive itself?
And where's this?

That flash drive is going to be USELESS without a way to activate it , if and when, you can get it to work.

If you dont have a COA, my guess is its a "cracked" or "pirated" version, and a LOT of times, they have errors and don't work right.

I have requested a Mod to determine if we can provide further assistance here, but with the situation, its likely this thread will be closed as we DO NOT assist with pirated software.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
No problem...sorry if it turns out to not be legit. :)

Wait for a Mod...

valis

howdy and welcome. Let's get an MGA report on that OS.

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and post back the report it creates:
  • Download MGADiag to your desktop.
  • Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program
  • Click "Continue"
  • Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default).
  • Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard.
  • Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online