1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

black screen after windows loading bar

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pulley, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pulley

pulley Thread Starter

hi all
    sorry for the long post but i have tried a few things
    i have hp pavillion laptop with vista home premium.
    i was playing brothers in arms earned in blood, when i came out i git a pop-up telling me nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recoverd.
    all was fine then played another game for about 5 mins coming out of that i got the same pop-up. but could not do anything other thenmove the mouse pointer.
    so i had to hard restart it got the post screen then a black screen,
    so i turned it off left it a minute and tried again this time i got a start windows normaly or fix start-up so i went for the fix, got into windows but it kept flashing black screen with just the taskbar showing or the background with white icons. i managed to get into control panel and tried to rollback my graphic driver but it would not do it.
    when i shut down, i started in safe mode which went in fine but i have very very little knowledge in this matter can someone help me please.
    i could not even get into safe mode yesterday, until i remembered that the first time i didn't have my wireless turned on. when i turned it off i could get into safemode every time.
    i ran a virus scan but found nothing i then run search and destroy which found a few things cleaned them, then thought what the hell and restarted and windows loaded i got a pop-up which said
    nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recoverd 2 or 3 times.
    so i restarted 1 more time and windows loaded normal i then shut down for a few minutes and tried again worked but every time i got the same pop-up.
    then i switched wireless back on and now it has gone back to loading to a black screen, but i can't seem to load windows even with wireless back off.

thankyou for your time

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Post your system model and specs please.

3. pulley

pulley Thread Starter

i'm so sorry

hp pavilion dv9000
    vista home premium
    nvidia geforce go 7600 512mb
    2gig ram

is there any other infomation please let me know

again thankyou for your time

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/727840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice