1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen after Windows loading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pinealtemple, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinealtemple

pinealtemple Thread Starter

System:
    ECS K7S5A, SiS 735 chipset motherboard
    AMD 1.4Ghz
    Radeon 9000Pro 128MB
    Win XP
    PS 400w
    Envision monitor, model 980-e

I'm having a problem with a black screen after showing the windows loads screen. It stays black and I have to restart in safe mode. Does not show the HD light on while on black screen so I assume that nothing is trying to load up. I have reformatted 4 different times to fix this. It always works fine for a while(1 week to a month)but goes back to the black screen problem eventually. This last time I upgraded me power supply from 350w to 400w. No problems for about a month, then this morning I get a black screen. All monitor drivers are updated, video, an AGP. I had resolution set at 1024x768, 60hz refresh. With all the stuff I have messed with, this has been going on for about 5 months now, it seems that the monitor might be the problem. Also was having a little problem here lately before the black screen came back. System would boot up but the monitor would never actually come on, the light would stay yellow. Everytime I restarted it would come on and boot up fine, so I didn't worry too much. Please help me!!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/109273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice