1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen and Error Codes

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by B6379D5304, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B6379D5304

B6379D5304 Thread Starter

I hope someone can tell me if my computer's problem is survivable. Please.

Yesterday, my desktop was running just fine and I shut it down just like usual. When I turned it on this morning after the Dell and Microsoft screens finished the screen stay's black, but a small window opens up and gives error codes...

The first window has LogonUI.exe application error on the border and in the middle says "The instruction @ 0x770ecf2 referenced memory at 0xbeefdead could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program". Whether I terminate the program, try to close the window, or just let it run, the window comes back up only this time it says WerFault.exe on the border and the code 0x7640ecf2 at 0xbeefdead, etc. The codes in red change with each new window. This process keeps repeating until I have to shut the computer off on the tower.

I'm sorry I don't have my sys info since I'm on my laptop. I never printed that info from my desktop. Big mistake.
    Thanks in advance to everyone that answers. I'll also thank you then.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice