1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen and no boot on new pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vukic, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vukic

Vukic Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently bought a new pc in pieces and i get black screen and no boot. I dont get beep and all my ventilators and rgb is working. Pls some help tnq.

Spec
    Intel 8700k
    Asus tuf z370 plus gaming
    kingston hyperx fury ddr4 8x2 3446 mhz
    psu corsair cx600

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Have you installed a HDD/SSD and then installed a Windows operating system?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Vukic

Vukic Thread Starter

Yep i installed ssd but i can not get in bios bcs black screen

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you also have a video card or just the motherboard for video

What do you mean by "rgb" working?

What monitor and what type of video cable are you using to connect to the computer?

5. Vukic

Vukic Thread Starter

i tryed with video card and integrate graphics to get picture but i only get black screen. With rgb i mean rgb light on motherboard and all fans are working.

6. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Make sure all the internal cables are where they should and connected properly. Was your graphics card seated and connected properly? Are all your RAM sticks fully inserted?

Were you overclocking your computer

You might need a higher wattage quality psu, since youre overclocking and you have powerful components

Do you by chance have a cooling system?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST issue.
    Next the cx series of pw supplies are fine for a basic build however they are NOT fine for any type of gaming, overclocking, or other stressful endeavor.

Common errors for new builders;
    1 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
    2 Aux or cpu pw connector not plugged in
    3 Heatsink fan not installed correctly. More an intel problem than an amd problem since the amd type coolers are pretty much idiot proof

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The integrated graphics will not work if a seperate video card is installed unless you remove the video card, did you remove the video card before trying the integrated graphics?

9. Vukic

Vukic Thread Starter

My heatsink is installed correctly, i have correct placment of standoffs, i tried with integrated graphics card and video card but i think that motherboard is broken.

10. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Re this
    does this mean that you bought the parts separately - all being new and then assembled them
    OR does it mean you bought some manner of disassembled computer - on special offer - advertised as new but not working and sold on offer.
    The reason I ask is that, whilst appreciating that English is perhaps not your first language, the wording
    I recently bought a new pc in pieces
    is a little unusual for what is often said as

"I have just built a computer using the following parts etc."

2. If you could answer the questions asked it may make it easier to help you
    I appreciate a number of people have replied to you but you do not answer what is asked
    By that I mean
    asked in post 4 and never answered.

3. The RGB leds on the board being lit have no direct relevance to it booting - those will light if power is supplied to them

4. Often the cause can be the wrong connection to the 8 pin CPU power on the board. If a PCIe power connection (graphic card power) is used there instead of the CPU it will NOT boot

5. That CPU was configured by BIOS for use on this board on BIOS version 0408
    Core i7-8700K (3.7GHz, 6C, 95W, L3:12M,HT) ALL 0408

I doubt it is a BIOS problem as the CPU was released April 2017 and the BIOS on release of the board was version 0407 on 8 Sept 2017

6. If you get no further checking All CONNECTIONS CAREFULLY, I would recommend the connection of a motherboard speaker and check any beep codes
    Speaker connection page 1-17 of motherboard manual

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice