1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen At Start Up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by John1289, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. John1289

John1289 Thread Starter

I'm trying to get my old pc to work, but my computer starts up with the fans and everything, but then the screen just stays black and says "Power Save." The tower has 2 lights on it, one green and one an organish color that stay there. I assumed I needed a new hard drive, but that did not work. Maybe a new motherboard??...any help would be appreciated.

-John

2. sy2

sy2

Make sure the video card is properly seated... you may also want to try a new monitor cord before going out and buying a new motherboard.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Even before a new monitor cable I'd try just disconnecting the current one (both ends) and reconnect securely.

4. John1289

John1289 Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give it at try.

-John

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/394060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice