1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen at Startup: Windows VISTA Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shackc96, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shackc96

shackc96 Thread Starter

Approx three weeks ago, I experienced a screen lock-up on a rather old Dell Laptop (Model 1450) using Windows Vista. I spazzed, tried to hard-boot (realized that a DVD was in there, poss the cause). Then reached for the Windows Vista software CD (was the wrong one - license was for other laptop).

To date, I can see the Dell Banner, the Windows Vista banner and then blackness. Nothing. No cursor...no lines...I hear the fan briefly....

Have tried to reboot in Safe mode (no luck). Pressed F2 and F12...can see both screens but Im lost.

Can't locate the orig Windows Vista cd to reload.

Is this computer dead? Any recommendations on how to revive? Lots of info on there I was hoping to extract. Thanks in advance for any advice....I'll start diggin the hole to toss the laptop into...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice