1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen before BIOS starts after receiving 'VIDEO SCHED

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KieranSmithy, Jan 14, 2019.

1. KieranSmithy

KieranSmithy Thread Starter

One day I got the 'blue screen of death' when I was surfing the interwebs with error 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR'. Windows did all it's repairing stuff, waited like 10 minuets, my PC restarted and from now on, all I receive is a black screen (monitor is on) before the BIOS even boots. The GPU fans spin and the lights are on.

Card is: AMD R9 Fury

The only way in which I can use my computer is if I remove my GPU from my motherboard and plug my Display Cable into the motherboard directly and use integrated graphics.

I have tried:

- different PCIe slots
    - removing GPU's drivers
    - updating GPU's drivers

I have been without a solution now for about a month. I know you might suggest testing the card in someone else's rig but I don't know anyone who would do that for me, also I took it into a computer shop and they refused to test it for me.

What could be the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You've covered the basics, including how to determine the problem. I'd guess a faulty video card (or possibly the motherboard). The steps to determine which, you noted above. Aside from actually testing the hardware, there is no other way to find out which is faulty.

If I had to guess without any testing, I'd replace the video card.

3. Dav12maz

Dav12maz

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice