1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pastlane2011, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastlane2011

pastlane2011 Thread Starter

My problem started much like that of Busybee, with files being deleted, orphan files being restored and security something or other, however, after reboot from CD, and running Startup Repair, the tests all appear to be OK, except "Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt" Result: Completed successfully, Error Code=0x0

At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up, black screen then blue screen, etc.

Medion MD8830 Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre
    Operating System: Windows Vista 32 bit, service pack 2
    C:\ 500Gb HD with
    D:\ 20Gb restore using 12Gb
    2Gb Ram

Disk failure diagnosis test result OK

Most recent change, made a day or so prior to the crash, was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK. The screen shows "No Signal Analog" at beginning and end of reboot sequence.

The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue, and advises removal of any recent changes, but as I cannot get into the system, let alone the control panel, I am unable to remove or disable anything.

Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files, and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, or a normal reboot, would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this.

I have a laptop also running Vista 32 bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files.

Would welcome any advice on offer, I am not a computer whizkid, but reasonably competent user since Win98.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem, and I look forward to hearing any thoughts, ideas, solutions you can provide.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1003191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice