1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ??

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Marilynne, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marilynne

Marilynne Thread Starter

Hi AGAIN!!

Hopefully my PC will STAY up while I write this .. I have been having some MAJOR probs with the puter just flippin well going to a black(blank) screen .. and then to a deep blue screen .. which displays this jibberish to me ...

Shew .. just had black screen followed by the bright blue screen with the following written on it.

*** STOP: OxOOOOOOD1 (OxE3C83040, OxOOOOOOFF, OxOOOOOOO1, OxBF872BCA)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** ADDRESS BF872BCA base at BF872000, Datestamp 41ef5ce 1 - mrxsmb.sys

Beginning dump of physical memory

About a year ago I had the same thing happen .. and .. at the end of the word 'memory' an actual countdown occurred.

As well .. I am being INNUNDATED with this ...

Inside an ALERT BOX named WinRAR self-extracting archive

Extracting ribiva.exe
    Extracting ewaf.exe
    Cannot create ewaf.exe

Installation progress (the installation bar goes about 3/4 of the way and no further)

=======================================================

The Virus alert reads ..

Obj.name rivia.exe

Container C:\DocumentsandSE..\difavipu.exe

Virus name Backdoor.ranky

Action taken action to the file was denied

I have had this machine IN for repair twice in 2 weeks .. all they have done is clean up viruses and spyware .. and I am totally NOT wanting to haul it back !!!

Any suggestions gratefully accepted .. and WOO HOO I have not gone BLANK & BLUE !! (yet)

Marilynne :eek:

2. Wiskycoo

Wiskycoo Account Closed

my suggestion.... buy an antivirus like norton or mcafee and run it on your system ALL the time. Keep it updated on a weekly to daily basis and this is less likely to happen ever again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/356586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice