1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen crash/lockup when playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by wasabi_, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wasabi_

wasabi_ Thread Starter

I had a desktop that was just sitting for about 2 years without use and just hooked it up to my TV to make a media center. I immediately installed Windows 7 and had a fresh slate so old software problems shouldn't be an issue. All drivers are up to date.

The problem is that whenever a game is played, it will randomly create a black screen with buzzing sound. Some games is completely random, other games crash at about the same point. Sometimes the video signal cuts out to the TV, sometimes it just stays black. Either way it needs to be manually turned off. I have checked GPU temperatures and they are about 80C under load. I have ran memtest86 and no errors on the RAM. I just don't know what else it could be.

The specs are:

Intel Core 2 3000MHz
    2x2GB Corsair DDR2-400
    ATI 4850
    OCZ 500W Power Supply

2. black-wolf

black-wolf

What is your cpu temp?
    How many passes of memtest did you run?
    What are you using to check your temps?

3. gabidamo999

gabidamo999

I have this problem too! I'm looking for a fix!

4. black-wolf

black-wolf

gabidamo999 you need to start your own thread. It's tconfusing to try to help more than one person in a thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice