1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen Crash

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dianno5741, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dianno5741

Dianno5741 Thread Starter

Hi all,
    Im new to these forums and my friend pointed them out to me.
    Im rather desperate at this point since i can not figure out what is wrong with my computer.
    When im playing Company of Heroes, Napoleon Total War, or Empire Total War, (these are the games ive tried) the screen will go black and the computer will crash after 5-15 mins of play. I spent 6 hours on remote terminal with microsoft while they fixed windows 7 problems and after that it still isnt working. My drivers were updated during that time period.
    Im really out of options as i do have the hardware to run these games, they actually worked for a long time and now they have just randomly decided not to.
    I would prefer not to completely wipe the hardrive (I already re-upgraded to W7 ultimate to fix the windows problems).
    Any or all advice would help.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    We could do with some more information about your system really.

What is the exact make and model of the PC, assuming its a 'big brand' pre-built like HP, Dell, Acer etc?
    Have you changed / upgraded any hardware in it since you got it?

A DxDiag report would also probably be useful. Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the run box then hit enter. When the dxdiag window opens click the 'Save All Information' button on the bottom right of the window, save the .txt file to your desktop so you know where it is. Then copy and paste the entire contents of that text file into a reply here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice