1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

black screen crash

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by liquid01, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

Hi, i'm having a terrible pc crash and i need help... :(

HP pavillon 9350e
    Quad Core 4GB RAM
    640GB HD
    NVidia Geforce 9500 GS
    Windows Vista 64 bit home Premium
    Avast antivirus (updated january 2010)

I'm having suddenly a black screen with a message (no signal) on it. It happend time to time at the beginning and i thought it was a windows vista problem... but now it happend all the time, and not only on windows vista, it happends also during bios, on pc startup. I've opened the pc and clean a bit the dust to see if the fan was blocked and motherboard or graphic card was overheating, but it wasn't that. I desactivated the graphic card driver but it didnt solve the problem neither. I cannot even try to format and apply backup because the computer crashes while i do that ... When crash happend i cannot ctr-alt-delete to restart it. I have to unplug the pc and plug it again. Do you have a clue for that please ?

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

Thanks for the answer daz1, i succeed to install the Crash Analysis Tools from the link you gave me without having a crash.. but it crashed when i was reading the report... I'm also thinking it could be a overheating from motherboard, graphic card or other hardware... but is only a suposition.
    I will also download the lastest graphic card drivers from envidia website.
    I will report here the results.

4. Megabite

Megabite

For temps

Download and install hwmonitor
    and see what the temps etc are. Download the 1.7 setup, english on the righthand side.
    ....take a reading CPU(core) and GPU Video card and post them.

Take a screen shot of the results...Alt + PrintScreen keys....open paint and press Ctrl + C key to paste...save as Jpeg.

and Go Advanced in your post then Manage Attachments and browse and double click on the Jpeg then choose Upload and post

5. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

this is the result from the dump crash report software:
    ( http://www.resplendence.com/downloads )

windows version: Windows Vista Service Pack 2, 6.0, build: 6002
    windows dir: C:\Windows
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz Intel586, level: 6
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 4293279744 total
    VM: 2147352576, free: 2008117248
    ----------------------------------------------
    15 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 260.99 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________-
    note... the last drivers from the nvidia gs9600 were allready installed, 260.99 but i installed again.
    I had 15 reportted crashes, 14 of them where like this one but on different dates:

On Mon 3/01/2011 16:28:32 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010311-03.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x5A4D0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA6007DE4000, 0x1, 0xFFFFFA6002A96923, 0x0)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Only one crash reports was different :

On Mon 3/01/2011 16:28:32 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x94923)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA6007DE4000, 0x1, 0xFFFFFA6002A96923, 0x0)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 260.99
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 260.99
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 260.99 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not good enought on pc technical issues to understand completly those reports... can some one give some light on it?

6. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

Thanks Megabite for your answer. I still havent download the program you advice, but i think you are on the right way, i just opened the computer, and i put it next to an open window ( winter here and i'm freezing ) and the crash stopped... i'm gonna install the program and paste report here.

7. Megabite

Megabite

Well Canada in Dryden is -25...will await the results...

8. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

this is the Hwmonitor attached file. I see there is a 112 C degrees on the graphic card, without having really an idea it seems quite a lot. I maybe should send again the report after some time so the information will be more interesting.

Attached Files:

9. Megabite

Megabite

Is the fan on the graphics card spinning?

10. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

11. Megabite

Megabite

Then that would be the problem

12. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

whit the pc on and running, the computer graphic fan was off but now its on again

13. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

i just put the finger inside the fan (dangerous i know ) and it started spinning again the temp from graphic card is getting lower 90 C and going lower ...
    You think i have to buy another graphic card ? why a fan can souddenly stop working like that ... sight ... thanks a lot for your answers <3
    (85 C and getting lower)

14. Megabite

Megabite

I would say the Video card has problems.....I would try and see if it is clogged with dust and re seat it also.....how old is it?

15. liquid01

liquid01 Thread Starter

Is not an old computer, i bought it 2 years ago but i never opened it to clean it inside so it must be the dust... so happy its running again i work at home with this computer and have been blocked for two days. I hope this thread will help others with the same problem.
    As aditionnal information, nvidia graphic cards are programmed to shut down when they have 130 C temp, and is what happend when their fan is blocked :D here is a link where they talk about that http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071224065605AAoz6iy

Thanks again to people helped me with that (y)(y)(y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice