Black Screen for Admin Account Only

MamaBubba

Hi!

My son has a Dell PC -- only about a year old -- with three accounts on it: Two user accounts (my son and my daughter) and an admin account (me). Today, he wanted to run SupportAssist and install the updates. To do that, I had to log into my (admin) account. When I try to log into my account, all I get is a black screen with a white cursor arrow on it. I've tried hitting Windows key+Shift+Control+B, but that just makes the screen flicker. I've tried restarting a number of times. Nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I absolutely cannot log into the admin account on this PC, and so I am unable to apply updates to the PC. I appreciate your help.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
try getting Run command box (windows key + R) and if you get that, type explorer.exe and press enter.

MamaBubba

Thanks for the suggestion. That didn't work. I still have a black screen after pressing windows key + R. I don't get a command prompt, so I can't type explorer.exe in.

I've also gone into Task Manager and tried File -- Run new task -- explorer.exe That doesn't do anything, either.

Any other suggestions?

You can log into normal user account and create a new Administrator account, for this you need Administrator password and nothing else.

If the new Admin account works, you can conclude that the old one is corrupt, and in that case transfer your data to new account and delete old one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online