1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen, No Keyboard and No Mouse Response

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DreamyKing, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamyKing

DreamyKing Thread Starter

So I tried to update all my drivers this weekend but when I got to to the Intel CPU driver update and restarted my computer, it would no longer show anything on any of my displays and the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive so I can't put it safe mode to reset. I've cleaned, reseated and reconnected all components and wiring but it still just shows a black screen and the keyboard/mouse remain unresponsive. Everything was working fine before I tried to update it so I know it's not a faulty hardware and I've tried everything in my wheelhouse to fix it but all I've gotten it to do is show a black screen.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi DreamyKing, and welcome to TSG.

I may not have the solution, but it would probably help someone here to help you if you told us about the brands and model numbers of the motherboard, video controller expansion card, the monitors. It would not hurt to tell us the brands and model numbers of the displays and they type of video connection being used for each one. What operating system are you running?

Does the motherboard normally do any POST result beeps on powerup? If so do you still get them?

Are you using wired or wireless keyboard and mouse? If wireless, can you test with wired devices?

Does any kind of a BIOS splash screen showing on any display on powerup?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice