1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

black screen of death in 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JanicePh, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

Can someone help me with the steps to alliviate this black screen thanks.

2. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

There is a $29.00 service charge for this. Can anyone else help with there knowledge? Thanks.:eek:

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    That was just spam and has now been deleted and the user banned.

As per your issue, you need to elaborate in much more detail what is happening, when, your computer specs, etc.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

And if you don't know your system specs then run the TSG tool which can be found here and C&P the result into your next Post: -

http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

T.

5. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

Thank you for your actions and advice. Btw, my problem got resolved and I told spam guy to go pound putty and his request for money. Have a good day.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    This charge is from whom?

7. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

DaveA ~ What ever the previous post that was removed stated. There were 2 url's to check and a number to call if answer were not found on those. The person's name that I spoke with was Alex. I have the number if you would like me to PM you with it.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You should never click on any such links that offer remote support, that is generally spammers and scammers. The post was deleted when it was noticed.

How did you end up resolving your issue? It may help others to post the solution.

9. JanicePh

JanicePh Thread Starter

I had a lot of faith in TechGuys and their expertise with posts. Been coming here often for answers.I guess I will be more careful in the future regarding these posts here.:(
    How I solved the problem was through restore code ate the command prompt. rftrui.exe and restored system and viola' Hope this helps.

10. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    JanicePh,
    It appears to me that "techvisitz" is a rip off service, like a bunch of the others.

What ever got you to this site to help fix your machine?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice