1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen of death!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by topkittie, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. topkittie

topkittie Thread Starter

everytime my computer turns on it says system can not store from original...because image corrupt. whats that mean!?!

2. Anton Wan

Anton Wan

We might need a little information then that. What kind of computer is it, brand, model, SN. What version of Windows is on there?

TK

3. topkittie

topkittie Thread Starter

dell insprion 5100, it has windows xp, i just downloaded registry mechanic and it told me i had over 1000 problems and it fixed 400 of them. everyday i get the blue screen of death and the black screen of death.

4. Anton Wan

Anton Wan

So my understanding is that it gets to a black screen and just sits there? Does it show the Dell "splash" screen (Big blue dell letters with a black background)? Can you get into BIOS by pressing "F2" at the splash screen? Maybe your computer has a diagnostics drive which can be accessed by pressing "F12" at the splash screen. You might also have a diagnostics CD that came with the notebook, most of them do. Also can you give me the error word for word and does it give you any options?

Post your Service Tag # found on your notebook also, if we have to do anything to it I just want to make sure it isn't under warrenty still.

TK

5. topkittie

topkittie Thread Starter

this is what the blue screen says...which then follows the black screen:

problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. if this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. if this apperas again follow these steps:
    the BIOS in this system is not fully acpi complian please contact your system vendor or visit hardware-update for an updated BIOS if you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or teh latest BIOS supplied by mode setup. to do this , simply press f7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. the system will not notify you that the f7 key was pressed. it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to conintue your install
    tech info
    stop: 0x000000a5

i do not have warranty i only had a year warranty and i have had the computer for 2.5 years i will NEVER buy a dell EVER again

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/407366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice