1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen of death!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by toronto_2006, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. toronto_2006

toronto_2006 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hey everyone!

hoping that you guys can help me.

When I turn on my DELL LATITUDE D600 laptop the dell screen comes up and the white bar loads... perfect.

Then the XP screen comes up and the little blue squares run accross the screen about 10 times... good to go.

This is where it messes up, the screen goes BLACK, but I can still hear XP running. I formatted my computer and re-installed XP twice. It runs XP during the innitial install, but once I turn off or restart the machine, I get the black screen again.

If anyone has any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it, Id really appreciate it. You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks everyone!:cool:

2. bomber123433307

bomber123433307

this sounds like a video card/chip problem with higher resolutions than windows uses for the installation also check to make sure that the video is not being sent to a monitor rather than the laptop screen.

3. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

Check in Bios by tapping F2, or DEL on startup and check that the Hard drive is seen in Bios and is set to first in the boot order....save and exit.

4. toronto_2006

Thanks bud... I will try that... if it is and the problem persists any other suggestions?

5. toronto_2006

Thanks bud... how do I check to make sure that its being sent to the laptop screen rather than a monitor? :p

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice