1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen of Death!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by salomar, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. salomar

salomar Thread Starter

I went to turn on my laptop this morning to print out my project before class started. Unfortunately for me, i recieved the black screen of death. This means that i got a black screen with a little white cursor in the upper left blinking. I waited and waited thinking that maybe the operating system would loan eventually; that was not the case. I restarted it and once again i got nothing. Is this a serious problem? and if so how can i fix it?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

Do you have the recovery or restore software for this computer?

Also some system specs along with make, model, OS, and service packs installed would be good.

3. salomar

salomar Thread Starter

I do have the recovery CD to re-install windows. However, when i put it in the drive it doesn't read it. A message comes up saying, "press any button to boot from CD". After I push something it sounds like it is reading from the CD but then it stops and theres no more progress after that. Now what does that mean? I'm in trouble huh?

4. Talib71

Talib71

Once your up and running again, after a clean format, stop downloading from p2p. This winrar file is probably going to cost you in lost data, unfortunately, and probably you are going to have to repurchase the software you lost. Uninstall all p2p programs and use a good antivirus/malware program and a firewall. I can't believe the number of posts most likely related to viruses and malware in this forum. What's wrong with you people? Stop downloading. You're like a bunch of flies hitting the fly paper. Buy software and media at the store, don't p2p, and don't open attachments.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/627061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice