1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen of death

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tosh1968, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tosh1968

Tosh1968 Thread Starter

Hi AAAAAAAAAArgh running windows xp professional, on boot up pc seems to load ok right upto logo screen , no strange beeps or noises but the screen turns black , can still see the arrow cursor and can move it but cannot see anything else on screen . Tried F8 works ok to get safe mode screen up can move up and down the headings with arrow keys to select any heading , tried various but the same happens just a black screen . tried loading recovery cd that came with the Mesh Matrix PC nothing happens . The actuall pc sounds fine but its about to go through the window can any body guide me through this , PLEASE . Martin

2. commonguy

commonguy

Just a thought but, canu get into bios and check the vid to see if is being regonized at all or if thier are additional setting, kinda sound like my issue
    refer to my post!

3. Tosh1968

Tosh1968 Thread Starter

Thanks for response how would i go about getting into bios , any ideas i havnt got a clue

4. Tosh1968

Tosh1968 Thread Starter

Thanks for response how would i go about getting into bios , havnt got a clue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/837203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice