1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen on games

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by zerogames, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

So i have several games installed , although in just 2 of them when i go to windowed mode all i get is a black screen and just sound. How can i fix? i have all driver's updated and everything updated.

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    Not all games can be played in windowed mode. look under the menu options look for, preferences and go through them one by one to find out if the game you want to run offers an option that you can use to change the display mode from fullscreen to window or borderless window.

checkout whether this is possible with the games in question. forcing older games to play in windowed mode can be done with a few fixes such as hitting the Alt-Enter key on your keyboard while the game is running in fullscreen mode. another setting can be followed in this guide. how to force games to play in windowed mode.
    http://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/04/force-fullscreen-games-play-windowed-mode/

3. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

I do click alt + enter while in full screen and it goes on windowed but it goes black

4. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    if the game has a window mode option it can be accessed one of three different ways. one of which you've tried in your last reply. see the guide for forcing windows mode in the link.

also, check the graphics options section to see if you can simply switch over to windowed by selecting the option in game.

another is to google "console commands" for the game. the console is usually opened by entering cmd into search or while in a game, usually by entering the tilde key (~). From there you can type in commands to change the game and sometimes even cheats, (if available).

another is the game folder that holds the settings for windowed or fullscreen mode. it will be displayed saying something like:
    FullScreen = 1 or FullScreen = True.
    This would logically mean FullScreen mode is True, or that it is indeed in full screen.
    If it said FullScreen = False or = 0 it would mean it's already in windowed and you can change it to fullscreen by changing it to true or 1.

locate the game directory where it the file will be. go to "my computer" then you choose local disk C: drive, (or use search). then you go to "Program Files". Usually the games are named by the makers of the game.

5. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

Hmm i've tried that but it's really confusing and besides the problem is any of those will make me go windowed which it will make it go black again. I really dont know where this comes from.

6. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

For further info the game is maplestory

7. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    if you can get to the menus, reduce the resolution and quality, its possible your graphics card is a little under spec =/
    but as said, some games do not have windowed option

8. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

Hmm i've heard other users that are able to play maplestory in windowed mode :C

9. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    see this guide for resolution fix

10. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

Well you see... my resolution already is the resolution maplestory is in. :/

11. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    use the nexon fix
    1) Open up a Windows Explorer window.

2) In the Address Bar, enter or paste the following: %localappdata%\NexonLauncher

3) Delete all folders & files located within the location provided in step 2.

4) Restart the launcher, or run the launcher if it is not already active.

The issue should be resolved once the steps above have been followed. If you still encounter the issue, please open a ticket by clicking on "Submit a request" at the top of this page.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/207878186-Nexon-Launcher-Blank-Screen-Issue

12. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

I dont have nexon launcher. i'm on europe :p

13. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    download the nexon launcher from here, see if this helps with the black screen
    https://games.nexon.net/nexonlauncher

14. zerogames

zerogames Thread Starter

ah Still nothing. well it's fine. i guess i have to play in full screen. (which i hate cuz i have to press alt ctrl tab to move on when movin from char select to game)

15. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    it seems the admin team for the game/launcher are working on the issues.
    "We are currently working on a solution.
    We apologize for the inconvenience."

- MapleStory Europe Team -
    http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?PART=/News/Notice&mode=view&uId=6311

may not have to wait too, long.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1169344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice