Black screen on high end games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dreilly82

This may seem a bit odd but my rig has a specific problem when it comes to high end games. I just got the Witcher 3 and I would really love to play it but my rig decides to stop on me whenever I decide to play it. Obviously this game is graphically demanding, but I have the hardware for it I’m sure (aside from my ram).
The issue comes when the game I guess demands a lot from the gpu and then for some reason will black out on me with a short audio loop. However after the short loop, the game audio goes back to normal; I can hear myself interacting perfectly fine with the game but I can’t see anything and my pc doesn’t shut down.

Specs:
Asus z97 k motherboard
NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 970
Intel 4790 3.6 MHz CPU
850 watt power supply
8 gigs of DDR3 RAM

Please help, I’ve done anything and everything I could think of from keeping drivers up to date to increasing fan speed in the BIOS. I am tired of this issue and I can’t figure it out.

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
Well....looking at your specs, looks like you have enough power, enough processor speed and enough graphics. You do not have enough memory. You need another 8 gigs, at least.

Dreilly82

Well....looking at your specs, looks like you have enough power, enough processor speed and enough graphics. You do not have enough memory. You need another 8 gigs, at least.
I’ve noticed that but I’ve noticed that this isn’t the only game that this occurs with. Could the RAM actually be the problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online