1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen on Laptop (new, pls help)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by smileycm26, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smileycm26

smileycm26 Thread Starter

I just recently experienced the black screen on my persario 2500 laptop. I have Windows XP. The battery light is on, the windows xp logo comes up, but right after that the computer stays on this black screen. I can actually see the arrow pointer but that's about it. I tried rebooting several ways and I also reset it but nothing. It coninues to stay the same. When I leave it on the black screen for awhile it tends to go in standby mode. I took the battery out for a minute, but when i re-started it "nothing". I am trying to fix it myself by reading other helpful msgs on this sight, but it does not work for me. Also, I hear beeping noises by the battery area. I hear the fan for about a couple of min. or so then dead. HELP HELP HELP..I need my comp. School will be starting up soon. I will appreciate anyones help with this. :eek:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Probably your brightness and contrast settings. It may also be set to the external VGA port. Press the Fn key and the monitor key along the top row.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is your battery charged, or is it beeping to tell you about a low charge? Try it with the AC adaptor.

4. smash

smash Banned

can you do a restore back to time when it worked?

5. smash

smash Banned

oops you probably can't if you cant see the screen what about in safe mode?

6. smileycm26

smileycm26 Thread Starter

Thanks for everyone's help. I finally got it working. I actually had to reinstall the OS CD. I had to also start from scratch, but it works now. It is actually working better. Thanks again (y) :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/379100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice