1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen on Reboot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Saberwing_Ca, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Saberwing_Ca

Saberwing_Ca Thread Starter

Just installed windows XP Home Sp2 onto a PC.

**I did this twice because of this same issue so I formated and tried again same results***

Whats happening: Runs fine, reboot computer (powered off or a reboot) and start back up results in a black screen with no windows logo. Reboot computer it gives me the bad windows start up last known good, safe mode etc screen. If I choose start normally goes into windows and everything seems fine.

Tried: Re-Format
    Latest Drivers, Sp3, Bios reset all no good. Also tried a kernal32.dll delete from recovery console with no results. Ideas? =)

2. stressfreesoul

stressfreesoul

Please supply some more information;
    Hardware makes/models/ratings
    This could be a memory issue, try downloading Memtest, you will need to download this on another machine and burn it to disk. Insert it between reboot and run it on all your RAM.

3. Saberwing_Ca

Its a custom built. MSI Motherboard K8N. ati x800xl video card, sata hard drive. Can get more detailed if needed I dont know off the top of my head since its not my pc =P

4. Saberwing_Ca

One pass, no errors on the memory. I did move them around in the slots and now the pc wont even boot into windows at all.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Is this a new build ?
    Try it with one Ram stick in the slot nearest the Cpu.

6. Saberwing_Ca

Same build. I didnt put it together just trying to fix it for work.
    I tried both sticks in the nearest slot, same results not even going into windows now. I left the computer while I went out it did 14 passes of memtest with 0 errors.

7. Saberwing_Ca

Trying a format and reinstall with one stick of ram same results....black screen. Has to be something to do with the bios since the memtest showed nothing.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice