1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen on start up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Oddemann, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oddemann

Oddemann Thread Starter

Hi, I hope some of you can be of assistance to me.

This morning when I started my laptop I got the always pleasant black screen treatment...

It is an Asus F7SE, about two years old.

The computer starts, fans are running, lights for power and "on" working, the initial sound/beeps and the "ASUS" letters at the very beginning. Then black screen. I get no BIOS Post (info at the start) and Vista is not starting.

Have anyone experienced something similar or have any idea what I can do?

I have looked around on the net but not found anything helpful so far. I am not what you would call a computer expert but have some knowledge at a beginner/intermediate level.

Any helpful answers are much appreciated.

2. curiousplayer

curiousplayer

3. Oddemann

Oddemann Thread Starter

Hi, I haven't installed anything lately. The thing is I never get to the desktop. I don't even get so far that I can choose safe mode as an option. When I push the on-button I see the first "ASUS" writing that comes immediately then it is just black...

4. Oddemann

Oddemann Thread Starter

I have come one step further. I manage to get to the BIOS SETUP UTILITY by pressing F2 directly after setup. Are there anything I can do from here to get windows to load or start?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!