1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen on start up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TheaceGary, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheaceGary

TheaceGary Thread Starter

Thanks in advance for looking into my issue!!

I have been working on Toshiba L510 XP Home Edition with intel core duo processor.The system worked just fine untill my Anti virus expired and it came under attck from Think Point -Rogue antivirus Program.My system went crazy after the attack.It came up on the screen no matter what i tried to do on the system.It dint allow to use internet ,Task manager .system restore utility etc .I couldnt even shut down my computer.I had to do hard boot in order to restart my computer.After going through a few forums online from a diff computer I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.I did a full scan and removed all the threats that it detected.But the Think Point still kept coming up and my system was still going crazy.Did a few more scans and removed the the threats again but Think point was still on the system.After a few force shut downs the blue screen error started coming up"If this is the first time you have seen this error restart or remove any new hardware or software install by going into safemode.It also had a bunch of numbers on it and then it wud start dumping physical memory.Afte a few minutes it would restart on its own(Sorry dont have the exact error ).I tried restarting using last known good configuration ,it dint helpThe Blue screen errror started coming up instantly after logging in.I repaired windows installation using the original XP cd.The system started for once ,it went back to service pack 2 but the blue screen error followed soon after.Went into safe mode ,blue screen error followed there aswell.I ran the recover console using the XP Cd.I ran the /P and /R command.The command went through successfully but dint help.So now Im stuck at the black screen when i start my system.It doesnt flash,there is no beep sound ,no cursor.When i try getting into safe mode,it starts to load but gets stuck halfway through the screen where it tries to load(Like a DOS window which runs from top to bottom ).
    Please help.

Thanks in advance !!!

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

would do a full format installlation especially as you have the cd, will take less time than trying to keep repairing

3. TheaceGary

TheaceGary Thread Starter

I guess i wud loose evrything on the system ..... Isnt it ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/958007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice