1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen on Startup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stevenf21, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevenf21

Stevenf21 Thread Starter

Ok so Im working on this laptop and it was booted in windows but the screen was black. I plugged in an external monitor and it worked and on the laptop screen it faded back up just a little bit not enough to really see anything though. So I used a multimeter on the inverter and it came back ok with 50Hz. So I plugged everything back in and put all the screws back and when I turned on the laptop again the lights and everything came on but when the hdd light started to flash the screen just turned off. When I plug in the external monitor it says no signal.

What do you guys think the problem is?

The laptop is a Hp G60
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01533413&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Also if it helps this guy came to me earlier in the week and he was missing some screws that were holding his screen to the hinges of the screen. Also the wires that were inside the screen were falling out and being pinched by broken plastic.

2. olryst

olryst

The cable that goes from the motherboard to screen, through where the laptop folds over, is supposed to be something that can fail on a laptop especially if its picked up by the screen half.

3. Stevenf21

Stevenf21 Thread Starter

Wouldn't the external monitor still work though?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice