1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen on XP laptop HELP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TomDaBombb, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TomDaBombb

TomDaBombb Thread Starter

My laptop was working one minute and then the next it won't. When I boot the computer it shows the Window Loading screen with little blue bar, then it goes to black screen.

I've attempted several times to boot in safe mode but I end up with black screen and the 'safe mode' words in all 4 corners and the arrow pointer. I put in my Windows Disc and I've had the computer boot from the disc but that leads me to a blue screen with a 0x0000007E error and recommends I boot in safe mode (which I can't).

I know the solution is to reinstall Windows XP with the disc or run a repair with the disc, but how can I do that if I can't get my computer to boot with the disc or in safe mode? I can't get to a C: prompt. I can't get it to restore to lasted working settings. All options lead to black screen or blue screen with error.

Anyone have any insight? Computer repairs shops, Circuit City to name, is asking upwards of $300 to fix this problem. Please tell me I can do it myself. Thanks

2. yelchalreddy

yelchalreddy

Sir please take first back & do some steps boot safe mode and delete display drivers.
    Steps
    Start + setting +control panel + (double click ) system + hardware + device manager +display adapter expand & right click then uninstall and reboot please check & conform me thanks.

3. TomDaBombb

TomDaBombb Thread Starter

Thanks for reply but...
    I'm not able to go into windows to click on Start or Control panel or anything.
    When I turn on (boot) my computer - it shows the Windows start up screen, and then goes completely black. And when I press F8 none of the options for Safe Mode work either.

4. yelchalreddy

yelchalreddy

please wait 5Hrs. at present i am bz. i will send Right patch to boot the system you have to do some steps.thanks

5. yelchalreddy

yelchalreddy

Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert
    the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
    Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
    2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. 3.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console. 4.When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.5.At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after you type each line: md tmp
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak

delete c:\windows\system32\config\system
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\software
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\sam
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\security
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\default

copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\c1.Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
    Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so. 2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. 3.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console. 4.When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.5.At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after you type each line: md tmp
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak

delete c:\windows\system32\config\system
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\software
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\sam
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\security
    delete c:\windows\system32\config\default

copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system
    copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software
    copy c:\windows\repair\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam
    copy c:\windows\repair\security c:\windows\system32\config\security
    copy c:\windows\repair\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

6.Type exit to quit Recovery Console. Your computer will restart.onfig\system
    copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software
    copy c:\windows\repair\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam
    copy c:\windows\repair\security c:\windows\system32\config\security
    copy c:\windows\repair\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

6.Type exit to quit Recovery Console. Your computer will restart.

Tray it then conform me thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/750415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice