1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen/Status 0xc000000f showing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by neptune101, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. neptune101

neptune101 Thread Starter

Hi there,

I am new to this but hopefully somebody out there can offer some pearls of wisdom? My Packard Bell laptop (I think it is called an "Easy note TJ71) model will not work. When I turn on the power a black screen telling me to "insert my Windows installation disc" choose my language and then click "repair your computer" appears.

I copied recovery discs and driver discs etc when I bought it (about a year ago) but no "Windows installation disc".

The system running on it is the Windows 7 one.

Is there anything to be done (other than trying to contact Windows for a copy of the install disc).

I am sure that I saw on one of these help sites that you can download a copy of said install disc but for the life of me I cannot find it now!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Neptune101

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

No, you cannot download a copy of the installation disc for the OS, not without paying for it.

The Recovery disc you made when you got the system contains the operating system so the one with the OS on it is the "Windows Installation disc". Try it and see if the "Repair your Computer" option is available after selecting the language.

3. neptune101

Hi Mark1956,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I negleted to mention that when I copied the recovery disc from the laptop when I bought it the recovery was in three different parts resulting in 3 recovery discs being copied labelled, wait for it, 1,2 and 3..

Am I right in assuming that all three will have to be run or do you think as I insert them (in order) the recovery part I need will come up on the screen to follow?

As I read this back I realise how thick I am when it comes to computers so again any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Neptune 101

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

When it asks for the installation disc just put in Disc 1 and see how it goes.

5. neptune101

Hi Mark1956,

I am afraid I don't get as far as the on screen instructions telling me to "insert disc".

All I get is the standard offering of "Windows failed to start" etc and status 0xc000000f with "info" the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

I think perhaps a trip to the repair shop in required, either that or throw it away and buy a new one!

Cheers,

Neptune101

6. Mark1956

Mark1956

I was going by what you said in your first post:

If that is no longer the case then try booting from the Recovery disc 1 and see if it gives you the option to "Repair your Computer" after you select the language settings.

Is there any data on the system that you wish to save, if so then use this disc to retrieve the data before going any further. Ubuntu Live CD to back up files from your dead Windows

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!