1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen upon start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by futbolbjk, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futbolbjk

futbolbjk Thread Starter

Well I just built my first ever computer build with:

PSU OCZ|OCZ600SXS 600W RT - Retail

CPU INTEL|C2Q Q6600 2.40G 775 8M R - Retail

MEM 2Gx2|OCZ DII800 OCZ2RPR800C44GK - Retail

VGA EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR 8800GT 512M - Retail

DVD BURN PIONEER|DVR-216DBK 20X % - OEM

CASE COOLERMAS|CAC-T05-UW BLK RT - Retail

MB GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L 775 P45 RT - Retail

HD 500G|SAMG 7K 16M SATA2 HD502lJ % - OEM

Every time i turn off this new computer and then try to turn it back on, i get a blank screen. So i need to open the case, clear the cosmos thing by holding something metal to the two little sticks and then i can turn it back on. So i just decided to clear the cosmos and then install my Windows Vista OEM 64-bit. after i did that i installed my motherboard disk. Then it told me to restart my computer, so i did. and I'm at the blank screen. I'm not sure whats wrong but i don't want to have to clear the cosmos every time i turn my computer on, so what do i need to do to fix this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice