Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Screen when moving windows across desktop

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Steele84 
#1 ·
Hello, I searched the forms and browsed the first 10 pages of threads and didn't see anything on this so I apologize if this is already on here somewhere.

I have updated Xp home to Vista Home Basic (old version) and downloaded SP1. My problem is when moving an open application across my desktop I get a black screen lock up. This has happened with my creative console and my X-fire program on a number of occasions. I just grab the program and move it out of the way and the O/S blacks out and I have to do a Hard restart. Hope someone has an a clue of what is up thanks.

Q6600 (Stock 2.4), 4 gigs ram, 3870 X2 GPU, X-fi sound, Vista Home Basic Upgrade (old version)

#3 ·
Thanks for the responce, that is a great option I will have, but I don't really have the time right now to go back and run this stuff twice. But I will use it as a last resort.

I would still like to attempt to fix this problem without scrapping and reinstall, so if anyone else has had a issue like this I would be very grateful in learning how you fixed it , thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.