1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen when scrolling image Intensive Sites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mordahl, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordahl

Mordahl Thread Starter

Hi all,

Recently I have been having a problem with scrolling down Image intensive webpages.
    The screen will go completely black and then it will come back in 20 seconds or so.

I recently changed the monitor I was using but the problem persists.
    Strangely if the scroll wheel speed is increased and scroll accelaration is enabled the problem goes away. But the scroll speed is too fast for a lot of the applications that I use it for.

I am using a
    -GeforceMX440 Vid card
    - 2.0Ghz Pentium4
    - 1Gb DDR Ram
    - WinXp
    -Logitech cordless mouse.

Any ideas? Could it be the video card?

Thanks.

2. winbob

winbob

Would it be safe to assume that you have an LCD monitor????

Your card is no Power House, I would not be surprised if it is a big piece of the problem.

Have you tried turning off image loading and seeing if the problem goes away?

What about scrolling with the Window made smaller, say 4" x 4"???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice