1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen with cursor on startup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jeff544, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeff544

jeff544 Thread Starter

When I start my computer, the windows logo animation happens, and then it goes to a black screen with a cursor in the middle. I have done startup repair a few times, and the first time it did something, but now when I try it says there there are no problems. I cannot start it in safe mode either. One major problem is that there are files that I really need for a school project on this computer. So, is there anything I can do to recover the files and fix my computer? Thanks.

2. huggie54

huggie54

more information please laptop/desktop make model

3. jeff544

jeff544 Thread Starter

Sorry, it is an ASUS A53S.

4. jeff544

jeff544 Thread Starter

Well I was able to recover the files using a Ubuntu Live CD, but I am still having issues starting it up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1072934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice