1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen with games

Discussion in 'Games' started by einstan, Jul 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. einstan

einstan Thread Starter

Yesterday I went to open Combat Flight Simulator, & ended up with a black screen, in which the only way out was to shut down my PC. I un-installed & re-installed the game twice, to no avail. The only progarm I can remember adding since I used the program was Gimp,so I removed Gimp & re-installed CFS, but got the same problem. I checked other 3D games, Riven, Homeworld, & got the same thing. I then went to dxdiag, & when I ran the test on Direct Draw, Direct 3D, & AGP rendering, each of them gave me the same black screen at some point in the testing. I re-installed DirectX 8 to no avail. A few weeks back, I upgraded the drivers for my internal SIS 6326 AGP display. They did not seem to improve anything much, & perhaps the frame rate seemed even a little slower. Anyway, I would welcome any thoughts any of you might have. I'm running a PII 350, 224mg RAM, 40g 7200RPM WD hd.
    Thanks,
    einstan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/48828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice