Black screen with new screen installed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WolfNamed

I had recently bought a new laptop screen to replace the broken one. I connected the video cable and everything. I plugged in the laptop and all I get is a black screen. I tried turning it off then on. I can't remove the battery. I unplugged, turned off then on, then turned off then plugged it back in, and turned on. It still makes the sounds it normally makes when its working. My laptop is a Acer Aspire E15 E5-553G-F55F with windows 10. I don't have a disk for repair. I tried an external monitor but that shows up black too.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If the external monitor does not display then the fault, if it is a hardware fault, likely lies with the graphics chip in the laptop
Why did you have to buy the new screen?

Did you look at your "hot keys" in the manual? You can try to hold down the "FN" key and press F5 to toggle between monitors. "F6 also, Display off -Turns the display screen backlight off to save power. Press any key to return.

WolfNamed

Did you look at your "hot keys" in the manual? You can try to hold down the "FN" key and press F5 to toggle between monitors. "F6 also, Display off -Turns the display screen backlight off to save power. Press any key to return.
Already tried that.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you going to answer my question please
Also list what you have tried please, that will save time wasting, by us making suggestions, for you to simply reply as you have on post 5

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online