1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen with new screen installed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WolfNamed, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WolfNamed

WolfNamed Thread Starter

I had recently bought a new laptop screen to replace the broken one. I connected the video cable and everything. I plugged in the laptop and all I get is a black screen. I tried turning it off then on. I can't remove the battery. I unplugged, turned off then on, then turned off then plugged it back in, and turned on. It still makes the sounds it normally makes when its working. My laptop is a Acer Aspire E15 E5-553G-F55F with windows 10. I don't have a disk for repair. I tried an external monitor but that shows up black too.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. WolfNamed

WolfNamed Thread Starter

Also I can't remove the battery without taking the laptop apart

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

If the external monitor does not display then the fault, if it is a hardware fault, likely lies with the graphics chip in the laptop
    Why did you have to buy the new screen?

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Did you look at your "hot keys" in the manual? You can try to hold down the "FN" key and press F5 to toggle between monitors. "F6 also, Display off -Turns the display screen backlight off to save power. Press any key to return.

5. WolfNamed

WolfNamed Thread Starter

Already tried that.

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Are you going to answer my question please
    Also list what you have tried please, that will save time wasting, by us making suggestions, for you to simply reply as you have on post 5

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice