1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

black screen with writing vista basic packard bell laptop..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jo130, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jo130

jo130 Thread Starter

hi

laptop just over a year old... had to have heat sinc re gummed as it overheated... then black screen appears with sis corporation etc... then it wont load or anything.. pc world said it was hardrive and i paid 125 for another one.. then same happened next day.. email packard bell who said it sounds like bios or motherboard... then it ran ok but a sound came out of speaker.. packard bell said it was bios status.. pc world agian had it and re installed software from packard bells sit (that may i add was older than the one on system) to stop this noise... however today again.. black screen.. told pc world what packard bell said they said bios was ok... but if happens again i have to go back have refund on hardrive but they say my other is faulty (how strange eh??as the other hardrive worked till i took it an they replaced it??)... anyway any ideas?.. could it be a virus in bios?.. i so how do i know , find and distroy??
    thanks guys

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/893104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice