1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black screen wont boot

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by mandrbrown, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandrbrown

mandrbrown Thread Starter

I had a few messages saying i was being attacked my a virus, than the screen went blue with a warning, than shut off. I have been un able to reboot the computer. When i turn it on all i have is a black screen. some light in the back ground. i bought a new windows 7 for the hard drive but it is not letteng me do anything. when i push ctrl alt del it shuts down, boots backup and then gos to this page where it is the computer name, the owners name, and what i want to do. press f9 for boot- f10 for settings-f12 for network boot. i pressed f9 to boot from the cd and nothing. please help. i have a Compaq refurbished 82g. i think. i really need help.:(

2. PC_Wiz

PC_Wiz

Are you able to get to the BIOS.. or the system shuts down?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice