1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Amanda561, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Amanda561

Amanda561 Thread Starter

Hello,
    So I recently had a problem with my computer. Things started to slowly stop being powered. Replaced my power supply...everything works! YAY! But then after about 30 minutes of being on my computer the screen goes black and I get a blue crash dump screen. Ok that's cool! So the computer shuts down. I boot it back up and once everything is loaded I run a malware and virus scan....full scan. It managed to get through the whole check and it said nothing was found. That was awesome...but then my computer did the whole black screen, blue crash dump screen and the shut down....again :( . So I started to check things. My power supply obviously works and my graphics card runs. I checked my fan speeds/temps and nothing seemed to be overheating or getting to the point of it being close to overheating. So please help me before I throw my computer out of my 3rd story window :)

Oh by the way I built my computer back in March. This is what I have in it...and it runs Windows 7 64bit.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDZ970FBGMBOX

XFX HD-685X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V v2.3 80

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Amanda

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Have you updated your graphic drivers?

First can download the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app (exe file) - save it to your DOCUMENTS folder- here is the link:
    http://jcgriff2.com/0x2/Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03_jcgriff2_.exe
    Right click on the EXE file icon, select "Run as Administrator"
    The small cmd/DOS screen will appear with status information and other windows will open & close..

When finished click start > run > and type: perfmon /report (hit enter)
    A viewer will appear- Click on "File" and "Save As" an HTML file
    Next:
    Windows Explorer will open to your Documents folder. Zip up the entire Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & the PERFMON HTML file then attach to a zip file and post it here.

3. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

Run chkdsk. Do that BEFORE scanning for malware or attempting to fix anything.

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

As Jim said if you need help on how to run a chkdsk in cmd prompt let us know

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice