1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Black Screen!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by llv17, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. llv17

llv17 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a windows 8 Toshiba satellite laptop and I keep getting the reoccurring Black Screen!!!!. I will power on my laptop and the start up Toshiba logo will come on, and then after a min or 2 the screen will turn black and nothing else will happen. I have tried taking out the battery and holding down the power button for 60 seconds and re-inserting the battery but, nothing happened.

Any help will be great and very appreciated!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Can you boot in safe mode? or in low resolution mode? (if the latter is a choice in Win8)

3. llv17

llv17 Thread Starter

Yes, I can boot into safe mode. I'm not sure what low resolution mode is...

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    What I meant was. WHen in safe mode do you get the black screen? If not try to remove your graphics drivers from Control Panel --> Programs and Features. Then any reference to video card drivers. If none are present or when done, then remove the Graphics card from Device Manager. Answer Yes, to whether drivers should be deleted.
    Prior to that though. Download the latest Graphics drivers either the Toshiba website. But do not install until you have removed all s/w related to your device as well as the device itself.

Low Resolution mode is a safe mode that boots in 640 x 380 or something like that. It may not exist on Win8, I do not remember seeing it there. But I am getting old and forgetful. :unsure:

5. llv17

llv17 Thread Starter

When in safe mode I do not get the black screen, and once I power up the laptop the only thing I can do is go to safe mode. The Toshiba start up screen comes up and the little circle goes around and around several times and the laptop goes to a black screen and I cannot do anything past that.

6. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Then please do as suggested earlier. After that, if it doesn't work we'll have to do some more serious troubleshooting.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice