1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Black screen

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by americamba, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. americamba

americamba Thread Starter

I am on tablet so I don’t know how to put the SysInfo utility into this message. I have a big problem. I turn on my laptop, I put the password in, and then I get a black screen that just sits there and only the mouse cursor arrow can be seen. After a while staring at it, a dialog box appears with the message: C: Program Files\Windows App\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub.......followed by And a whole bunch of numbers which disappeared before I could copy them on a piece of paper. Later on another similar message box appeared with a similar phrase but this time on the bottom I noticed that it said “element not found“. This really scares me I seem to be locked out completely and it’s just when I’m in the middle of needing to work so I hope I can be helped.In cases like this I will also try to donate as a sign of my thanks for the great help of this site and the experts who help us. Remember I’m on the tablet so when you give me your advice I hope you’ll tell me how to work on the laptop. Thanks PS this may be enough for you to get started on helping me. If not, I can tell you some of the things that I did that might have messed me up. To start, let me tell you that all this happened after doing a restore. But the only restore point I had was three days ago which I thought was before the problem but maybe it wasn’t and I restored to the middle of the mess.

2. americamba

americamba Thread Starter

It just fixed itself!? No complaints from me. Thanks for your willingness to help this dotard (no, I'm not Trump; I'm a different one!)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice