Black screen

What is confusing me, your MB does not have any HDMI port to connect a HDMI cable to so where was it being plugged into, as mentioned in my reply #8 the one beep suggests that your PC hardware is passing the power on self test and that the problem is external, the video cable and/or the screen being the only two things that it could be.

JaydeNpie

What is confusing me, your MB does not have any HDMI port to connect a HDMI cable to so where was it being plugged into, as mentioned in my reply #8 the one beep suggests that your PC hardware is passing the power on self test and that the problem is external, the video cable and/or the screen being the only two things that it could be.
The GTX 1060 has an HDMI slot directly on it. That's what I usually plug into to get my display. I tested 3 HDMI's in that slot after it cooled down. I knew all of them worked because I tested the all with my PS4. Then I started looking at other problems. Sorry for the confusion

Gotcha, was reading it as you had tried three different HDMI cables in a video port on the MB;

Remove the add on video card from the PCI-E slot on the MB, connect your screen to the appropriate video port on the MB, reseat the RAM in the slot/s, reassemble then power up to see if you get any video.
My bad, I named them off the top of my head. I already did all of those things.
As you havn`t actually tested the onboard video at all the one beep gives you hope that you will get video when you hook up the screen to the VGA port on the MB with the add on GPU removed from the PCI-E slot.

JaydeNpie

Gotcha, was reading it as you had tried three different HDMI cables in a video port on the MB;

As you havn`t actually tested the onboard video at all the one beep gives you hope that you will get video when you hook up the screen to the VGA port on the MB with the add on GPU removed from the PCI-E slot.
Yeah, I can see how it would be read that way. My bad 😖 I'll get back to you once I buy the VGA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online